My garden

This morning I went to the farmer's market to buy some ocra plants, because tthis spring I decided to have again a vegetable garden. I had forgotten how much work this is !! That's why I probably stopped planting veggies! Anyway, the zuchinni plants are enorm and are doing very well. Every other day we have to eat squash, and I'm giving loads away to friends. Unfortunately, that's the only vegetable that produces fruit untill now. The other ones; peppers, eggplant, beans, beetroots and leeks are just growing. They look nice and green, but that's it. I hope the ocra plants will catch  on because it is very hot at the moment. I'll plant them after sunset.
For 20 years I only kept myself busy with the flower garden. I have a cottage style garden, without a lawn, because a lawn in Greece needs too much water. Water was a problem when I came here 30 years ago. Now it's not, but the summer's are getting hotter and hotter, and it might become an issue again.


Here is a part of the garden. Behind the hedge starts the vegetable garden.

Comments

Popular Posts