Messenger bags.

I haven't written for a long time. Summer caught up with me and my priorities changed! As it gets extremely hot here in Sparta I tended more than an hour each day to the garden. The heat also seems to affect my energy level. Everything goes a bit slower!
But....autumn is here and the temperature is lovely at the moment. There are clouds (no rain!) which was excellent to do winter cleaning in the garden. Yesterday, together with a friend, I pulled out all the tomato, ocra, courgettes plants. We left three eggplant and two pepper plants, creating space enough to put in the winter veggies. Tomorrow I am going to the market to buy some.

I did do some sewing, though, during the summer.






I made two messenger bags. There are rather big, because they can hold a laptop. They are padded.

I like big buttons and started to look for vintage ones. Not easy! I have to go again to Athens to start searching for things like this.







This is the second one, in turquoise colours, more summary.






And a shopping/beach bag. I didn't go to the beach at all this year! I love to swim, but because I am very fair with a white sensitive skin, I can't sit in the sun. I get even burned under an umbrella!
To get to the beach you need a three quarters of an hour drive. Just to swim it is too long for me. I would like to stay at a place at the sea. Swim early morning, late afternoon and then sit somewhere in the shade and read. Didn't happen this year, maybe next!









The piece of embroidery I bought at the Athens' flea market. I went there with my quilting friend Theodora in spring. The embroidery was in a frame. The salesman was emphasizing how nice the frame was. I had no interest for the frame, though! The only thing I am interested in is fabric, embroidery, buttons. It is getting an obsession. I am becoming a REAL quilter?

And the last photograph, a more detailed picture of the messenger bag.




Comments

  1. Hello Ada! It 's a pleasure to have you back ! I was wondering about you and was intending to send you a message. but the was pleased to see your comment on my post. Sorry to read you didn't go to the beach but then, gardening is my also my second love and I am sure you also enjoyed it. Your bags are just beautiful!!! and the one withe the embroidery gave me ideas, as I have some small embroideries which I didn''t know what to do with them!
    Have a nice weekend and a happy October month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Lovely bags. sad you didn't get to the beach.
    We went so many times I got bored with it.
    Will look in my button box for large buttons. I know there are several.
    As you know, I am always trying to offload things to suitable homes
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fijn dat we weer iets van je horen, Ada!
    Ik zag je ook weer op mijn blog.
    De zomer speelde je parten, begrijp ik.
    Maar de tassen die je nu weer gemaakt hebt, zijn prachtig!

    Lieve groet,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!!They are so pretty!!!!I wouldn't know which to pick!They are so so so beautifull!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our credit repair services work to fix past credit mistakes and verify credit report accuracy. Talk to a credit repair expert today! Can you guess how much these celebrities are worth? Test your knowledge with Celebrity net worth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts