Sunday morning in the garden

Drinking my coffee, early morning in the garden, I looked around me and felt so grateful for nature. The trees, the flowers, the birds and bees (mostly wasps, though!) and the cats.



I went to check on the vegetable garden and saw that the artichokes had flowered. The idea is, that I cut them before they flower and cook them, but this year they started very late to grow and now it is too hot. They become too hard and are not good for cooking.







I love the flowers, though! As I can't see the vegetable garden from the house, I cut the flowers and put them in vase together with a cutting from the neighbours bush. I don't know the name of the shrub but it looks like a Buddleja. 



The cats are always funny. There are quite a few in the garden. My lovely neighbour, Kiria Katina (96) and me feed some stray cats, so they became "ours" and they stay in an around our gardens. They have ruined a few flowers because they just love to sit in the pots!



I really enjoyed my morning coffee. I should have it more often in the garden instead of in front of the computer!





Comments

  1. I LOVE YOUR PHOTO OF THE ARTICHOKE FLOWERS.
    IT IS ONE OF MY AMBITIONS TO ACTUALLY SEE ONE!
    THE BUSH IS PROBABLY CHASTE TREE
    ΛΥΓΑΡΙΑ IN GREEK. I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF THEM GROWING AMONG THE OLIVE GROVES IN SPARTA.
    KEEP THE BLOGS COMING I DO SO ENJOY THINKING ABOUT YOUR COOL GARDEN
    HILARY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Κι εγώ ακριβώς το ίδιο έκανα χθες !!!
    Με τις αγκινάρες και με θυμάρι απ το βουνό, μου αρέσουν πολύ
    μέσα στα βάζα !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je hebt ook een heerlijke tuin. Dan is het ook een feest om dat te vertoeven.
    Wat zijn die artisjokbloemen mooi. Zowel de vorm als de kleur!

    Lieve groet,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. O wat zitten die poezen daar gezellig! Leuk dat je met de buurvrouw katten voert wellicht komen er spoedig nog veel meer. Je artisjokbloemen zijn schitterend! Hier heb ik ze ook een keer in de tuin gehad, het wordt wel een enorme plant.
    Groeten, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ένα πρωινό στον κήπο αξίζει πολλά!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful garden! I wish I was sitting there sipping my coffee rather that being scorched by the hot desert sun. Soak it up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. The latest Tweets from Celebrity birthdays with 22 million users visit our website each month.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts